Electric Tramcar Ce 1/2 No 4, built in 1888 to run along the 'Riviera' shore of Lake Leman between the resorts of Vevey and Montreux and the ancient Castle of Chillon (See the 'Lake Leman and its Steamers' gallery). This tram used the system developed by Werner von Seimens in 1881. It comprised of two overhead copper tubes, forming two sides of the current, with slots on their undersides. The current was transferred to contacts towed on a sledge. The traction motor was located between the axles of the tram and drove oneof them through gear wheels with herring-bone shaped teeth.