A closer view of the fisheries cutter Brenda in James Watt Dock, Greenock in 1982. The livery in which she is seen here was relatively new and did not compare well with her original oolour scheme. Brenda had been built in 1951 by the illustrious Dumbarton shipbuilders William Denny & Bros (launched on 22 June as their yard number 1453). Her twin diesel engines were provided by the British Polar Engine company of Helen Street, Govan, Glasgow and drove her at a maximum speed of 16.5 knots. A few months after this picture was taken she was sold to Panamanian owners for use as a yacht and was renamed Brenda S. She was stated to be still in service in 2005.