Views from the Clydesdale Bank Tower looking north with the prominent tower of Glasgow University on Gilmorehill on the left and the towers of Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and the Kelvin Hall below. The tall building of rectangular block construction to the left is the University Library.
The water tower of Ruchill Hospital breaks above the line of the low hills just right of centre of the picture. It was built to house a water accumulator tank to maintain water pressure to the hospital, which, as an infectious diseases hospital, was built in an isolated area on top of a hill. The hospital opened in 1900 and closed 98 years later. A closer view of the Ruchill hospital water tower can be studied at the following link:
The distant higher hills are the Campsie Fells.