Festival Park, Cessnock in 2008 - the following link shows the same area in 1914. Prominent in the linked view is the coal wagon hoist that had been installed on the south quay of the canting basin in 1903. It could lift a fully laden 20 ton railway coal wagon to a height of 50 feet and tip its contents by a system of chutes into the hold or bunkers of a ship alongside the quay. The empty wagons returned to ground level under gravity via the track ramp seen on the left of the linked picture. This equipment was supplied by Sir W C Armstrong & Co of Newcastle, the acknowledged experts in hydraulic powered bulk cargo handling systems at that time.