After the end of the 1988 Garden Festival part of the southernmost area of the old Princes Dock was retained by Glasgow City Council for the creation of a new public park. It was named Festival Park. Now, it is hard to visualise that this area was once the large mineral (principally coal) handling area on the south quay of the south and canting basins of the Princes Dock.
Follow this link to see how this area looked in 1898 when it was a busy coal transportation facility (note that the coal handling crane shown at this link was built in 1897. It was steam powered and had a maximum lift capacity of 25 tons)