This open-topped single-deck tram was more at home running along Blackpool promenade and out along the Flyde Coast to Fleetwood. No 606's visit to Glasgow was sponsored by the Belhaven Brewery Company.
This car was one of 12 so-called 'boat cars' that joined the Blackpool fleet in 1934 to replace their old 'toastrack tramcars'.
After the Festival had ended No 606 returned to Blackpool where it remained until 2000. In that year the vehicle emigrated to the Trollyville Museum in Ohio, USA in exchange for another tramcar. It was restored to the 1934 condition in America.